Note: This trick currently works only on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and so on. Because Android version lower than this don’t have an option to set APN manually in Sprint/US Cellular.
Welcome back to 3m4d Blog! Are you looking to access data through your unlocked LG G4? Then you’re at the right place.
Recently, I got my LG G4 Sprint variant which is obviously unlocked officially through Sprint. I was able to get signals through my hometown carriers such Airtel and Reliance which are situated in India.
However, I was able to do all stuff such as calling and texting but when I enable Mobile data I could not access the internet. I tried to add APN in the network settings but it didn’t solved it. I went through the internet and got the solution somewhere on XDA forums which is very difficult to get. I decided to republish this topic and help people achieve this.
In this post, I’m going to show you how to access the data using your carrier Sim card other than Sprint and US Cellular.
- LG G4 LS991/US991 (Unlocked)
- APN settings for the carrier you’re using right now
- Some brain for sure!
- First of all, go to Settings. You can now see More. Click on it.
- Now when you click on More. You’ll see Mobile Networks. Click on it to see more settings.
- Next you will see APN (Access Point Names) press it to access further settings.
- Press the three dots located at the top right corner of the screen. From the option, select Add APN.
- You should be taken to this screen as shown below. Fill the Name, APN given by your carrier. Rest all should be left as default.
- Here’s come the real trick. Leaving all default come to the APN Type. Now press on it and type in this to access the data services by your carrier. Type this in the field of APN Type without quotation “default,dun,fota” You should type this as it is. Now save the APN settings and restart your phone. You’re now able to access the data services from your carrier other than US Cellular and Sprint.
Note: Don’t mess with the settings inside the no, 3 screenshot specially the Network Mode as in that setting you’ll only get CDMA/LTE or CDMA or LTE options only. Also, when you select any one of them your phone will not be able to recognize your carrier and will display SPRINT LTE.